Conventional wisdom set the standard that you should set your thermostat to 78 degrees to save on air conditioning costs. Doing so can save you 5 to 10 percent on your energy bill, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. But, what if that’s not comfortable for you? Turn to KOOLBlue.
KOOLBlue is a PROA – or refrigerant additive – that you can introduce to your cooling system to make it operate more efficiently, so your air conditioner can generate more cool air without increasing the amount of energy used.
- Revolutionary synthetic PROA formula
- Blended into the refrigerant oil reservoir or refrigerant flow
- Works with most any refrigerant, including R-22, R-134a, R-407, and R-410a
- Polarized to attach to metal surfaces
- Increases lubricating capabilities of refrigerant oils
- Does not void a manufacturer’s warranty
- Installation must be done by an EPA-certified professional
How KOOLBlue Works
KOOLBlue is a synthetic, polarized refrigerant oil additive (PROA) that forms a thin boundary film on the metal parts of your cooling system, providing lubrication while protecting these parts from the type of friction that causes wear and degrades performance.
KOOLBlue features negatively charged molecules that attach to the metal surfaces inside a cooling system. The build up of dirt, carbon, and lubrication oils can cause your system to operate as much as 7 percent less efficiently, but these molecules prevent that build up from ever happening.
KOOLBlue also helps to condition the surfaces it touches, and contains a non-chlorine-based cleaning agent that can help improve the function of older cooling units and keep new systems running at peak efficiency for years to come.
Over time, a one-molecule thick layer of KOOLBlue forms in the system, making surfaces smoother, so that the refrigerant passes over them more easily. This helps create ideal conditions for thermal conductivity, which helps improve the efficiency of your cooling system. With KOOLBlue, your system can produce increased amounts of cooler air with the same amount of energy, and last much longer with less maintenance required.
- Helps you achieve the same cooling, with less energy usage
- Helps reduce the strain on your AC system, so your compressor lasts longer
- Significantly reduces maintenance costs
- Lowers cooling costs, so you save money
Get the most from your cooling system with KOOLBlue. This synthetic PROA additive enhances the operation and efficiency of your compressor and helps you save money on energy costs. Like all of our products, it comes with a lifetime guarantee, so you’ll stay cool for years to come.